Tuesday, July 15, 2014

AMERICA: ...Imagine a world without her .... by Xiomara J. Pages



AMERICA: ...Imagine a world without her
by   Xiomara J. Pages
July   15, 2014

(to all my brothers and sisters, fellow-citizens  in USA, regardless of party affiliation, we all love our country and in spite of differences of opinion, please read this and if you can watch the documentary, be aware that there are parts that concern all of us and will make us feel proud.  Many of my  friends who are Democrats have watched it and expressed me  with joy, the parts  they liked the most.    Blessings.  The Author).

check this trailer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPsLB11POtQ


 Last Saturday,  I was very tired since I had not slept well the night before.  It rained a lot and the sun started to come out, so I decided to  check the billboard of cinemas on the internet  to  go to the movie theater.   I wanted to see,  "AMERICA, Imagine a world without her"... I  even signed a petition so that they bring  this   Dinesh D'Souza's  documentary   to every  single movie theater  in United  States and  also  abroad,  since it is good for other nations to see it as well.     Now, it was my chance finally  to go and see it,  and with  my printed  ticket  in hand from Fandango (internet company who sells  movie tickets)  I came into the theater at Kendall Village. 

I had seen  before   the   "2016: Obama's America"  documentary,   so  I expected  it  was more of  the same,  but this  was  different.   What I saw was deeper and more descriptive, it was history.   How many myths about America's guilt  and  the  facts  to destroy those myths.   It is about  to feel proud of America  again  and not ashamed as certain groups and ill- intentioned  people  have wanted  us to feel  in order to change America and in so doing,  destroying  everything  we hold dear.

I will not explain the movie, because I think everyone, regardless of party affiliation should go and see it.   This documentary shows facts and history.  If you don't agree entirely with  Mr. D'Souza' s criteria,  give it a try, show that you can be neutral and listen to every argument about these myths. I recommend it highly.

All I can tell you, so that you understand the impact of this documentary, is that  the  theater  was  half -full  of  adults  as well  as of  young  people, and that at the end of the movie,  everyone applauded  and many of us had tears  of emotion in our  eyes.  I know  because I was the first one to applaud  and break the silence full of sobs.... and many followed  me  not only  with their  hands  but  standing  up as  we hear at the closing of the documentary,  our             Star-Spangled Banner.

A  cry  came out of my throat..."Viva  USA!!!"   and  "Viva!!!" ..."Viva USA!!!" screamed  everyone.     I  shout  again,  "God Bless America!!".... ..and  the auditorium  resounded ,   "God Bless America.!!"     

You could hear  people cheering,  sobbing,   and  this  was  not  a  Soccer  World  Cup  game, but  several  people  were  taking out  their handkerchiefs, full of emotion and patriotism.  Then,  I  yelled,   "God bless my parents who brought me here, to this land of freedom!!"    And then again,  everyone  yelled  from  every  corner of  the  theater,  "God bless you!!."....." God bless your parents!!!." ..."God bless  you  for feeling like that!!!!."    "God bless you, honey"....."Thank you....Thank you   for loving America!!!"  ...I  repeated,  "God Bless and Protect America!!" 

Tears  kept  running  down my cheeks and my heart was beating fast.   I realized  I love this land with the same love and passion I love my native one.  You do not stop loving your first child because you had a second or a third, you love them all.   This country,  my country,  United States of America,  where I  chose  to become a Naturalized  American Citizen,  out of  love  not convenience, where my  children  and  grandchildren are born. This is My Land and  Their Land.  I remembered that day, when I said for the first time:

                   "I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of                            America and to the Republic for which it stands,
                   one Nation under God,
                   indivisible, with liberty and justice for all ."

I   left the place  drying my eyes and hearing the national anthem's  last sentences ...

" ...Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto:
"In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the
free and the home of the brave! "

http://www.usa-flag-site.org/song-lyrics/star-spangled-banner.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment